WSU Waste Management provides a confidential data destruction service to the WSU Pullman campus,
which includes the secure destruction of paper documents, computer hard drives and portable digital media such
as floppy drives and CD's.
If you have microfiche documents please contact Environmental Health and Safety at
- 32 Gallon rolling locked bins are provided for document shredding on a continuous or short term use basis.
- 1 yard rolling tip bins are for short term use only for purging large amounts of material at a time.
- Archive boxes must be securely taped closed. All hanging files and large metal clips must be removed prior
to requesting a pickup.
- Waste Management provides small lockable bins for floppy disks and CD's.
- Surplus Stores no longer charges a fee for cleaning or destroying hard drives.
- For this service please submit a Surplus Disposal Request (SDR) at myFacilities.wsu.edu.
- Surplus Stores will do a 3 pass-binary overwrite or physically destroy the drive.
To schedule a pickup call (509)335-9000. Our current pickup schedule for document destruction is every Wednesday morning.
Pickups begin at 8:30 AM on collection days, if you request a pickup after 8:30 am on Wednesday your pickup may not
be completed until the following Wednesday.
Billing is done monthly by IRI. For billing questions please call (509)335-4530
|32 Gallon Bin
||1 Yard Tip Bin
||Digital Media Bins
|$20 per bin
||$6.25 per box
||$120 per bin
||$15 per bin